Your privacy is important to us. You place your trust in us by using Trafeka services, and we value that trust, meaning we’re committed to protecting and safeguarding any personal information you give us. We act in your interest as our customer and we're transparent about the processing of your personal data.
We can’t help you book the perfect Travel without information, so when you use our services there are certain things we ask for, typically your name, preferred contact details, the names of the people traveling with you, and your payment information.
We also collect information from the computer, phone, tablet, or other device you use to access our services. This includes the IP address, the browser used, and your language settings.
Your personal data that we collect may be used in the following ways and purposes;-
1. Travel Reservations; First and foremost, we use your personal data to complete and administer your online Travel Reservation, which is essential for what we do. This includes sending you communications that relate to your Travel Reservation, such as confirmations, modifications, and reminders.
2. Customer service; We provide international customer service from our local offices in more than 20 languages and we're available 24/7, helping you to contact the right Travel Provider and responding to any questions you might have about your Travel Reservation, or any other questions, for that matter.
3. Account facilities; TRAFEKA users can create an account on our website or apps. We use the information you give us to administer your account. You can manage your Travel Reservations, take advantage of special offers, make future Travel Reservations easily, and manage your personal settings.
4. Online groups; We might give account holders the chance to connect and interact with each other through online groups or forums.
5. Marketing activities; We use your information for marketing activities. These activities include:
I. Using your contact information to send you regular news about travel-related products and services.
II. Based on your information, individualised offers might be shown to you on the TRAFEKA website, on mobile apps, or on third-party websites/apps, including social media sites.
III. When you participate in other promotional activities e.g. referral programs, or competitions, relevant information will be used for administering these promotions.
6. Communicating with you; There might be other times when we get in touch, including by email, mail, phone, or text.
7. Market research; We sometimes invite our customers to take part in market research.
8. Improving our services; We also use personal data for analytical purposes and product improvement.
9. Customer reviews and other destination-related information; During and after your Travel, we might invite you to submit a review.
10. Call monitoring; When you make calls to our customer service team, TRAFEKA uses an automated telephone number detection system to match your telephone number to your existing reservations.
11. Promotion of a safe and trustworthy service; To create a trustworthy environment for you, the people you bring with you on your Travel, our business partners & our Travel Providers.
12. Legal purposes; Finally, in certain cases, we may need to use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, for regulatory investigations and compliance to comply with legal requests from law enforcement.
We’ll share your personal data with third parties in certain circumstances. These third parties include:
1. The Travel Provider You Booked; In order to complete your Travel Reservation, we transfer relevant reservation details to the Travel Provider you've booked.
2. Your local TRAFEKA office; To support the use of TRAFEKA services, your details may be shared with subsidiaries of the TRAFEKA corporate group, including for customer service.
3. Third-party service providers; We use service providers outside of the TRAFEKA corporate group to support us in providing our services.
4. Competent Authorities; We disclose personal data to law enforcement to the extent required by law or strictly necessary for the prevention, detection, or prosecution of criminal acts and fraud.
5. Business partners; We work with many business partners around the world. These business partners distribute or advertise the TRAFEKA services, including the services and products of our Travel Providers.